Don’t leave your fuel until the last minute. Seasoning your own logs is a cheap and easy way to ensure a plentiful supply of firewood that can last you all throughout winter. In this blog post we’ll tell you the five reasons to stock up your logs early, and we’ve got a great offer for you, so stocking up your logs is a whole lot cheaper too!
- Buying now gives you plenty of time to dry out unseasoned logs, which are generally cheaper than kiln dried or seasoned logs.*
- Take advantage of the summer sunshine to ensure your logs are well seasoned. It can take over six months to properly season wood – with soft wood usually taking less time than hard wood.
- Well dried logs burn better, are less smoky, produce more heat, and they’re considerably less likely to cause damage to your stove or chimney! We recommend burning logs with a moisture level of 20% or less. If you don't have a probe to measure the moisture level of your legs, read our post 'How to tell if Logs are Seasoned' for the signs.
- If you have the space you can stock up for the whole winter, saving you worry and hassle later in the year. (And ensuring that you'll have a toasty crackling fire on Christmas day). Take a look at our lovely log stores if you need a bit more room.
- There’s no pressure for a speedy delivery, or a speedy unpacking of logs once they arrive. You can do everything at your own pace.
*Until the end of August 2014 you can buy a whole pallet of seasoned softwood logs for only £244.00 – saving you £50!